Spring is an exciting time here at the Healthcare Plastics Recycling Council—just a week ago, we attended and presented at HealthPack 2019, and coming up in April we are hosting two of our own events focused on understanding and taking advantage of the valuable plastic waste created by healthcare facilities. To get excited and inspired to attend, check out some of the timely topics and research that these collaborative events will cover, as well as some key take-aways you can expect to glean after attending:
Swimming in Plastics: The Latest in Elimination, Reuse, and Recycling
We are cohosting our second event this spring with Practice Greenhealth—this event, Swimming in Plastics: The Latest in Elimination, Reuse, and Recycling, focuses on the current state of plastics recycling in the aftermath of China’s decision to accept less waste, stagnant markets, toxicity, and concerns over the amount of plastics in landfills and waterways. Due to these roadblocks (and others), plastic waste is coming to the forefront as both a continuous challenge for healthcare teams and sustainability professionals.
This pre-conference workshop will be held before CleanMed 2019 on Tuesday, May 7, from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm. If you attend, you’ll get to:
- Learn the latest information on Chinese markets and the impact on regional and national recycling markets
- Hear from Practice Greenhealth hospitals on their protocols for material collection and recycling
- Identify opportunities to prevent waste and engage in sustainable procurement
- Handle medical plastics and packaging and discuss solutions
- Discuss hospital trends based on data collected from the Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Awards
This free, pre-conference event is open to the first 75 interested CleanMed registrants. If you’re already signed up for CleanMed and would like to attend, please register here.
Healthcare Plastics: Unlocking this Potential Feedstock
HPRC, in conjunction with the Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS), will be hosting an interactive workshop aimed at helping recyclers connect with hospitals and learn more about the significant opportunity presented by healthcare plastics.
The workshop, Healthcare Plastics: Unlocking this Potential Feedstock, will be held in conjunction with the Re|focus Summit on Wednesday, May 22, from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm. And the best part? Registration is free! At this collaborative event, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn about healthcare plastics as a new feedstock, including resin types, forms, potential volumes, and end markets
- Dive into HPRC’s new Healthcare Plastics Guidance for Recyclers
- Participate in interactive breakout sessions on topics including partnering with hospitals to ensure a clean supply, establishing logistics and collection hubs, and preparing materials for sale
- Discover how recyclers can navigate the process of working with hospitals to capitalize on the millions of pounds of clean plastics that are available for recovery
We hope to see you there! If you’d like to attend this free event, please register here.
We can’t wait to host these exciting events and discuss the possibilities of healthcare plastics recycling. If you’d like to learn more, please contact us.
Keep up with all of HPRC’s events and adventures by following us on LinkedIn!